Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week 9 -- Day 1 (REDD)

8:49 p.m. I missed two days of writing!! Sorry about that. I was feeling pretty sick the last few days. General fatigue -- really bad fatigue -- nausea, and A LOT of dizziness. I was so dizzy I could hardly walk straight. I read that this was a common pregnancy symptom so I tried not to stress too much about it. But trying to use the computer was awful. The reading made me more dizzy and gave me a migraine. So I apologize for having two empty days.
I'm 9 wks today! This time it's for real. No more changing due dates. My dad saw me yesterday and couldn't believe that I was already showing. He was also amazed at how big the baby had gotten. I'm going to try and post a picture to my blog, because I want everyone to be able to see my ultrasound photo. I have it up on Facebook but I don't know how many of you guys use it. It's a little more difficult to use than Myspace but it's a lot more professional. It also has really neat applications that you can download and use. I have one called VisualBookshelf that lets you post pictures of books that you've read, are reading or want to read. It's really neat if you want to share with other people or just look smart! I'm currently reading Callisto. It's about a not-so-intelligent rural boy that winds up in this twisted CIA terrorist plot when his car breaks down. Highly entertaining reading. I also just finished the inspiring book, The Last Lecture, and the extremely comical book, Bonk. Both are highly recommended. Okay! Now that I've gone off on my little book spiel, it's time to get back to blogging.
I've had such extreme writer's block lately. I hate it. It's like I'm trying to censor myself so as not to piss off anyone, but I don't want to censor myself too much to where I sound emotionless, you know? I like to think of my blog as sort of my PG rated dairy. Anyway...
Kent and I walked around Concordia University yesterday. It's right behind our apartment complex. It's a beautiful, Christian campus. They really tried to keep the grounds very natural and used granite and wood for the buildings. All you can smell is the cedar wood out there and there's a lot of trees and shade. Very peaceful. Kent and I picked up some pamphlets about their programs. I wouldn't mind looking into a master's degree of some sort. I think Kent wants to do the same. Look into it, that is. Neither one of us practice any certain religion but we're both spiritual. We believe in a higher God who wants us to lead the best lives we can lead for ourselves and others. We were taught to be accepting and tolerant of people who are unlike us. We both have pretty similar beliefs.
The campus was so Zen-like that I couldn't help but wonder if anyone ever meditates there and if so, if the faculty gets upset. I'd like to think that a Christian campus would be tolerant of everyone, but you never know.
I exercised for a total of an hour and a half yesterday. I was so proud of myself. I can't even remember the last time I exercised that much. I did a mixture of walking outside and on the treadmill, and using the stationery bike and weight machines. I plan on doing that for 5 to 6 days a week. I'm also signing up for this study that a doctor is doing on exercise and pregnancy. It's being put out by a doctor who works at the same clinic as my ob/gyn. We will be exercising three days a week for an hour and doing yoga. Yay! I'm very excited.
I'm going to put on my running gear. I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. good for you, girl! i met with mark and kristi today. they say hello and kristi is following you on myface but i also gave her your blog site...good to hear you are back to your writing. Its good for the rest of us, too!!!

    ReplyDelete