Monday, August 24, 2009

Week 9 -- Day 1

5:27 p.m. Holy crap, my back hurts! I've only added 5 lbs and already my lower back is hurting. I don't think my three bulging discs help any either.
I sliced about 1/6 of my finger off today, so if my typing sucks, that's why. I was cutting out marriage/pregnancy announcements with an Exacto knife and I sliced right through the outside part of my index finger like I was cutting a slice of bread. I cut off a huge chunk of my fat pad and a small part of my nail. I went to the urgent care b/c I couldn't get the bleeding to stop, but they wouldn't take me b/c I haven't received my insurance card yet. Out-of-pocket pay would have been $350+. Can you believe that!? And we're talking about urgent care, not even an ER. I told the receptionist that I couldn't pay that and I'd figure something out. Perfect example why we need health care reform. I left there fuming mad. So here I am with a gaping hole in my finger. They wouldn't have been able to stitch it anyway because the skin was essentially shaved right off. I might need to get some medical supplies feom Walgreens. I've already used a bunch of gauze and band-aids. It's amazing how much you take your appendages for granted until you can't use one of them. On the flip side, it's amazing how much your body can adapt. I've only been typing without my finger for about 45 min and my body already knows where to put my middle finger on the keyboard. Pretty neat stuff!
I'm 9 wks today! Woah!! I tried on some cute brown maternity pants -- capris -- and wore them out today. They actually fit! I also wore a little baseball top. It looked super cute. I love my little belly and I can't wait to start showing more. Being pregnant is actually pretty nice. You get a lot of special treatment and pampering and you constantly want to talk about and prepare for your new baby. I think I've looked at her pile of clothes at least 5 times in the past 3 wks. I'm just going to start using her name, Vada, from now on. I can take an over-the-counter gender test from Walgreens, but it's not completely accurate. It's called Intelligender. Two of my friends took it -- one turned out to be right and the other one didn't.
Okay, my back is really hurting. I'm going to take a break.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment