Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 8 -- Day 3

1:46 p.m. Sitting at the beach house and couldn't be happier! Kent and I rolled in yesterday evening and have been basking in the sun ever since. We took the Fran out for a walk last night and this morning. She loves the ocean! Kent said this was her first time visiting an ocean. She's been to lakes before but never an ocean. Fran was a little afraid of the crashing waves at first, but she quickly got used to them and began frolicking away. Such a cute doggie! We let her off the leash and she went WILD! She was sprinting back and forth and scaring people, haha. Of course she didn't mean to scare anyone but imagine a 60 lb. strange dog running at you full force. That's gotta be at least a tiny bit scary.
I am EXHAUSTED right now. We went for a good 1 to 2 mile walk and played in the waves for awhile. We spent about three hours in the hot sun. Now I just need a nap and a Blizzard. Kent is making his way to Dairy Queen as we speak. When I get my cravings I need them satisfied NOW! Haha. Well, okay, I'm not that bad, but I still try and get whatever food I'm craving. Supposedly it's your body's natural way of telling you what it's lacking. I guess I'm lacking calcium? I read that it's not a bad idea to have yogurt or low-fat ice cream every day. That's excellent news for me since I already need an ice cream fix at least once a week.
BQ is the size of a kidney bean now. Almost an inch long. I believe I already explained in a previous blog what's going on with her body. We saw an actual picture of an 8 wk old fetus and it's starting to look like a baby now. The head is still a bit alien-ish but the arms and legs are visible as are the eyes.
Gotta go! I'll write more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment