Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 9 -- Day 4

11:22 a.m. Labor Day already! Wow! The summer has just flown by. It's too bad it was so freakin' hot outside to do much. At least Kent and I got some good swim time into our days. I've quickly grown to appreciate and love the sport of swimming. It's so good for you. I wouldn't mind swimming again in addition to walking. It's also good for my back, which has not been doing so well lately. VERY PAINFUL. I've pretty much been lying down for the past day. I've been using heating pads and ice packs. I was doing some yoga yesterday and I bent over to touch my toes (something I've always been able to do since I'm pretty flexible) and POP! I felt this weird crack in my back and I went to the ground. After that it was hell. My back spasmed out like crazy. And on both sides too. Usually it's just my left side that gives me problems but this time it was both, including my lower back. I wanted to cry or shoot myself. Okay, not really but I was in tons of pain. Today has been better though.
I joined the pregnancy and exercise study and I start on the 22nd I believe. I'll either be put into the test group, which exercises 3 days a week for one hour for 6 mths, or I'll be in the control group, which at least gets 8 free prenatal yoga classes. The control group has visits at 6 wk intervals where they have to walk for 2 miles and lift light weights. I wonder if it's okay to do exercise if you're in the control group? Probably not. I'm going to do it anyway! Haha. I'm going to screw up the results. Well, what am I supposed to do? Not be healthy? I wonder what the doctor is studying anyways? They're not supposed to tell you. That alone can skew the results somehow.
I also signed up for two early pregnancy courses for free. It's so awesome having such a great ob/gyn. We get a lot of free stuff. I got some diaper samples and a couple of magazines plus a booklet on pregnancy questions. I've kinda stopped reading so much about my pregnancy just because the medical association likes to scare people. I mean I'm sure there's a reason behind the precautions but sometimes I think these writers take things a little too far. And with my mindset (I'm a worry wart) all those warnings were just making me too nervous.
Did I mention that Kent got a new job in security? I need to re-read my blogs before I go into detail again abut Kent's job.

No comments:

Post a Comment