Saturday, August 15, 2009

Week 7 -- Day 6

2:17 p.m. Went swimming today at the apartment pool. Had a nice and relaxing workout but got my heart rate going pretty good. Kent taught me the butterfly. That's a tiring stroke! I did mostly freestyle the whole time except for a few laps of backstroke. Probably swam a little over 200 yards I'd say. I hope the baby liked the water. :)
The apartment was having a Belgian waffle brunch today, so we stopped in to check things out. Great food but we didn't eat waffles, just eggs and sausage. There were three waffle machines and they were all being used. Oh well. It was just nice to have some good grub after a workout. We felt like we were at a resort spa being fed and pampered. Two more days until we set off for South Padre. I can't wait. We're gonna get up early and walk with Fran on the beach and watch the sunrise. I'd like to get some exercise in at our pool too. My parents own a beach house there, so that's where we'll be staying. Oh I wish we could live at the beach for months on end. I can't get enough of that salt water and cool breeze. The beach is my "calm place." Whenever I'm really nervous or stressed about something, I like to think of myself lying on the soft sand with the wind blowing through my hair and the sound of the sea lapping against the shore. It's my utopia.
Kent and I are "nesting" right now. He just set up the desk in our office and we're starting to put up pictures and stuff. I finally feel like we're settling down in our place.

No comments:

Post a Comment