Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Week 8 -- Day 5 (revised estimated due date, or redd)

11:19 p.m. I'm going to start putting "revised estimated due date or REDD" after the next few days so as not to confuse these new postings with old ones when I thought I was on the right week.
My day is going great so far. Woke up early, had a healthy egg scramble -- I need to start eating much healthier since I've been stuffing my face with sugar-laden foods -- and did 15 minutes of aerobic exercise -- 10 on the treadmill and 5 on the stationery bike. That stationery bike is a workout! I was so surprised that my legs were burning after only 3 minutes of pedaling. Well, I did want to get my thighs toned. I've noticed that my fat is going mainly to my thighs and belly, which is strange because my weight hardly ever goes to my thighs. I guess it's all part of my mid-section growing to accommodate BQ. I also noticed that my growing uterus has pinched a nerve running down my right leg. It's so annoying!
I think -- and I don't want to jinx it -- but I think Kent has some great potential for this job interview tomorrow. He took a security training course with a group called Blackstone and is now Texas Dept. of Public Safety certified to work with security companies. He emailed a group called Sentry yesterday and already heard back from them. They told him right off the bat that they could get him 40 to 45 hours plus overtime per week right away if he was the right man for the job -- and I believe he is. He has so much experience in that field that to not hire him would be a huge mistake. I'm so proud of Kent. He's been working his ass off since he was hired with the city of Austin. He already has a meeting with someone from another security company tomorrow, so I'm sure between those two interviews he'll come back with good news. Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed for us -- or you can pray if that's your thing too. I like to do both. Although I'm not one of those people who prays only when they want something. I like to pray to simply thank God for giving me another day on this earth. I wouldn't say I'm a religious person, just spiritual.
BQ is doing great today. She's making me a bit bloated but I can take care of that with small diet changes. I think I shall relax the rest of the day and read. Maybe read to BQ? I read that reading to your baby in the womb actually stimulates their little brain and becomes somewhat of a comfort thing for them once they're born. Apparently, once the baby is born, she'll associate the reading with being in the comfort of the womb, thus creating a relaxing time period for her. I don't have many baby books so maybe I'll just talk to her. I also read that spending some quite time with your hand on your belly also makes for good bonding. I think it's so neat to be able to bond with my baby already.
I applied for an editorial assistant position with a publishing company that puts out educational children's books. I received a follow-up email immediately that said they would start reviewing apps in mid-September. At least I have a time line. Not like some companies that tell you they will call and then just leave you hanging. The world has gone and turned completely impersonal lately. I can't stand it sometimes.
I'm going to cook some salmon, sweet potatoes and a fruit salad tonight. Yum. Take care fellow followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment