Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 9 -- Day 4 Again

11:35 p.m. I bought a baby book yesterday called "The Going to Bed Book." It's a really cute bedtime story about the animals from Noah's Ark getting ready for bed. They take a bath and brush their teeth and exercise. I don't know why they exercise. Doing that before bed just gets you hyper. I'm going to tell BQ that you really shouldn't do that. Or I can just skip that part. Then they go to bed and turn out the lights and the boat rocks them to sleep. So cute!
I was gonna get a book called "The Belly Button Book" about a hippo finding his belly button, but I found that to be more of a book that you would read and then interact with your child. I also found another children's book called "If You Give A Cat A Cupcake" in one of our many boxes. It's in the "If You Give A Moose A Muffin" series. I love those books! I thought of a new one -- "If You Give A Dog A Donut"! In fact, I might just write that book and sell it to the other for a hefty sum. What do you all think? I would make a great children's author since I already have a youthful mind set in some aspects.
Kent and I read to BQ last night three or four times! I read to the baby this morning as well. We were already doing the voices too! It was great. I love it! So much fun. I'm gonna try and read and talk to the baby as much as possible. I read that it actually soothes the baby in the womb and after birth. The baby hears the reading and is reminded of the soothing feeling it got when you read to it in the womb. I've also read that you should listen to classical music. Not only is it good for baby but it's good for you as well. It can soothe savage beast. I personally prefer Mozart and Debussy to Beethoven. I like Claire de Lune. I also like Tchaikovsky. He did the Arabian Dance song from The Nutcracker. It's so exotic and mystic. Time to eat some lunchy lunchy.

1 comment: