Thursday, September 3, 2009

Week 9 -- Day 6

2:22 a.m. Yes, I know it's early. I can't sleep. I'm in too much pain and feel too sick. I came down with a cold/stomach flu yesterday and it's been awful! I'm going to make an appointment with the doc tomorrow (well, later on today actually) so she can give me some antibiotics and check on baby. I've been extremely nauseous and slightly more crampy than usual. My whole head is stuffed up and my throat feels like it's on fire. Summer colds are the worst. I hope I don't have the swine flu!!! I know, it's a long shot. Leave it to me to think I have swine flu, right? We're (pregnant women) are supposed to get flu shots but not until flu season comes around, and apparently, it's not flu season yet. I read somewhere that pregnant women are especially susceptible to swine flu, so they'll be the first demographic to get the vaccine. Problem is that the vaccine won't be ready until October at the earliest and I believe the flu season starts before then. All I know is that my women's clinic will be on the top of the list to get the vaccine. At least that's what my doc said. She probably tells everyone that!
I just heard a noise. I hope I didn't wake Kent. We slept on the pullout bed in the living room. I was way too hot in our bedroom. The air doesn't circulate very well back here. Usually I just sleep in shorts and no covers but that wasn't cutting it this time. I suppose it's because I'm sick. I don't have a fever yet, which is a good thing. I'm at a solid 98.6.
Did I mention that I sprained my right hand trying to open up a damn Snapple bottle? Yeah. It's really swollen and painful. I don't know why I've been so accident prone the past four years. I was NEVER that prone to getting hurt. It's like I turned into this extremely clumsy person for no reason. Being pregnant sure doesn't help either. The hormones that come with pregnancy relax your muscles and make you more limber but also more likely to sprain and strain muscles and ligaments. I think I still would have hurt my hand even if I wasn't pregnant. I swear this cap on the plastic Snapple bottle was soldered on. Not even Kent, an ex-military man, could get the bottle open. We tried all 12 of them and not a single one would budge. I had to resort to cutting the plastic open with a knife and then pouring the tea out into a glass. Kent wanted to take the bottles back to Wal-Mart but I initially thought that was silly. It wasn't until I drank two or three teas that I told my mom about the incident and she said it would have been a good idea to take them back. Oh well. I wrote a letter to the Snapple people and emailed it last night. I'm not typically one to do things like that -- complain -- but damn, if I were one of those sue-happy people, I would have taken these people to court for my sprained hand. I already thought it all out. I would visit the doctor and tell him/her that I sprained my hand trying to open a Snapple bottle. He would then take X-rays and conclude that my hand was indeed sprained. The manner in which I sprained it -- opening the bottle -- would be in my medical records. So there's some proof right there. Also, the date on which I visited the doctor would have been after the date of purchase (which would be on the receipt) so there's more evidence that the Snapple did it. Most importantly would be Exhibit A (Exhibits B and C are the doctor's notes and the receipt, respectively), the Snapple bottle. I would then demonstrate, using numerous people, that the bottle cannot be opened. Viola! There's my case. What do you all think? Very Seinfeld-esque huh? I would sue for reimbursement of the doctor's visit plus lost time and physical and emotional pain. I know, there's no emotional pain attached. Well, I did lose some days of writing my blog. I could factor that in? Anyway, bottom line is that I wrote a stern letter to the Snapple guys stating that their Snapple Peach Green Tea plastic bottles were unreasonably hard to open and that I had sprained my hand. I'm not fishing for any freebies (although it would be nice to get some free easy-to-open Snapple), I just want them to start making their plastic products more user friendly. I could have also blackmailed them, you know? Threatened to sue if they didn't give me $5000 or something? I wonder if they would have settled? Alright, enough fantasizing about easy money.
I'm feeling a lot better. It's been about an hour since I woke up. I started eating a chilled apple (I'm usually not one for chilled fruit but it tastes excellent right now) so maybe all I needed was some grub in my tummy. I might try and read my current book, Callisto, after I finish writing my blog. Or I might just do research about BQ. I love reading about what I'm making this week. I'm almost done making all of the organs and I'm beginning to form shoulder, elbow and other joints. I still can't get over how amazing it is that I can grow this life inside of me.
*Yawn* Goodnight (again) everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment