Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 14 -- Day 1 !!

12:52 a.m. Well, well, well! I'm exactly 14 weeks today! I cannot believe it has been this long already. It feels like just yesterday when I found out I was pregnant. Since I last wrote, I've had one more prenatal visit, I've seen the baby in another ultrasound (in addition to the one I started writing about last time), I've heard the baby's heartbeat twice(!), and my stomach began stretching like crazy!!!
To finish off my last entry...
The doc and tech did an ultrasound that lasted about 10 minutes, more or less. Kent and I were in total awe at how big the baby had gotten. The ultrasound equipment was so much more high-tech than the one used at my OBs office. They had a huge plasma screen mounted on the wall in front of the exam table, so I was able to see the baby without having to look at the ultrasound machine. When the tech found the baby, the first thing we saw was its fully-formed face and head. I could not believe it had a profile already! --> After some more studying at home (we took home five beautiful ultrasound pics), I determined that the baby had my nose, Kent's chin and my forehead. Haha. I know the baby is still way too small to tell, but I thought it was fun to try. <---
The tech slowly moved the ultrasound wand over the rest of my belly and all of a sudden a little arm popped up and stretched over the baby's head. Then the other arm and two little legs extended. The baby did a full body stretch!!! I was speechless. As it was, I couldn't believe how big the baby had become, but I was not expecting to see her/him dancing around like that. The baby proceeded to move its head and little feet and hands and, at one point, it looked like it was waving at us. It was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen. It was doing aerobics! I can't even count how many times the baby moved its little body. The tech kept having to move the wand in order to keep up with him/her! The doctor said it was one of the more active baby's he's seen and the tech said he/she was very photogenic. Awww!
I felt so comforted knowing that my baby was alive and well and VERY active. I guess that's no surprise that it was moving a lot though. When I was a baby, I constantly moved my legs in a cycling motion and I sat up and walked at a very early age. Kent's mom also said that Kent moved around nonstop and got into everything as a little baby. She said he walked at a really early age as well. Uh oh! We're going to have a little monkey on our hands. At this point, I think I'd rather have a really active baby than a calmer one -- she/he will keep me busy all day -- but I bet you one year from now, I'm going to be thinking otherwise!
Sleepy time. I'll finish in a few hours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment