Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week Five-Day 4

I woke up in a REALLY bad mood today. I'm still a little irritable but I'm trying to maintain my wits. I didn't sleep well at all last night due to the huge nail that was being driven down my spine. I've had really severe back pain since a car accident in Jan. '08, and about once or twice a week the pain gets so bad that I can't sleep. *Sighs*
I had my first bout of "morning sickness" last night. Wow! Not fun. It was really weird. I was just thinking about how I was going to heat me up some nice juicy steak and, in seconds, my stomach went from growling to doing flip flops. My mouth filled with saliva and I felt like the room was tilting a bit -- just really dizzy like. I ran to the bathroom and was so sure I was going to throw up that I was shocked when nothing came out. This went on for about 15 minutes -- watery mouth, run to the toilet, dry heave a few times, nothing. I haven't been that nauseous in years. I thought about forcing myself to throw up, but I was afraid that if I did, I wouldn't be able to stop.
Luckily, this car sick feeling didn't last all that long and before I knew it, I was up at midnight raiding the fridge for some food. Steak? Too red. The baby might get sick. Leftover spaghetti? Too spicy. My mom ordered spicy sausage with it. Bread with butter? Ahh, I guess.
I sliced up a small loaf of garlic bread and brought it to bed.
Now, I'm just so freakin' moody! I was at the breakfast table with my parents and husband and EVERYTHING -- every voice, every laugh, every sound in general made my want to gouge my eyes out. I could hear my dad chewing his food; the sound of my husband's laugh grated against my ear drums; the sound the forks made when they were hitting the plates was insufferable; even the sound of my own voice made me want to scream. What the hell is the matter with me!? My husband was reading a newspaper insert titled, "This Is Austin," and he was thorougly enjoying the material. I couldn't understand what was so exciting about it. "Did you know our new apartment is close to [fill in the blank]?" "What road do we live on?" "We need to go to this neat park they're talking about here." "Did you know Lakeway has a population of 9,000?"
On a normal day, I would be just as excited as him to read about the new area we're going to inhabit. Today, however, I just wanted to throw my buttery, syrup-covered pancake at him. Aww, my poor Kent! He's so thrilled with everything that has been going on lately and it definitely shows. He's going to make such a great Daddy. He's already singing lullabies to the little apple seed that is our baby. This morning he told the baby that he would get her whatever she wanted and that he would try and be the best Dad that he can possibly be. :) I'm such a lucky girl.
Kent and my Pops are loading up the 4Runner and the pick up right now to take to the new place. I'm supposed to jump in the shower and then start packing up the rest of this bedroom. We're aiming to starting sleeping there tonight. We still have a crapload of stuff in the spare bedroom outside -- filing cabinets and other office stuff mainly -- but it's going to take a full day to go through all of it. I better hop to it!
I'm hoping for no more nausea today. I was able to eat a pancake and ham, so I'm good so far. (Knock on wood.)
Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment