Friday, July 24, 2009

Week Five-Day 2

It's 8:50 am. I woke up about an hour ago to the smell of fresh coffee brewing. MMM! My Pops offered to cook us breakfast this morning, and I was starving! This morning, my tummy feels really tight, as if someone was taking my skin and stretching it. I know I won't be showing for awhile, so I'm not sure why I feel like this? I'll look it up on babycenter.com. That Web site has been really, really helpful for me. It has a week by week tracker that lets you know what's happening inside your uterus and body in general -- what symptoms you'll feel, what's normal and what's not, what you should be doing at that point to stay healthy, etc.
I had a pancake and some ham for breakfast along with a small cup of coffee. Thank God you can still drink a tiny amount of caffeine. I'm so addicted to coffee! I've cut down from 3 to 4 cups a day to one tiny cup in the morning. I'm so proud of myself!
I started feeling a little nauseous about 10 minutes ago. I couldn't finish my breakfast, which is VERY out of character for me! Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. I hope this isn't the first sign of morning sickness. Uggh. I need to start packing up our bedroom so we can start living in our new apartment. It's in a beautiful area of town -- Lakeway. Lot's of rolling hills, green grass, fresh air, and most importantly, QUIET. I love living in the heart of a bustling, culturally sound city, but the older I get the more I find myself wanting to be out in the country where it's nice and peaceful. Lakeway will be the perfect area for us while we're preparing for Baby Quack. Everything we need is no more than a few yards from our apartment building. There's a laundry room, lap pool, playground, dog run, hiking trails, Lake Travis, a vet clinic, the bank, Walmart, Target, HEB, an elementary school, gas station -- you name it, it's there. Kent and I can really see our new family being quite content in the future. We can already picture ourselves thriving in this area.
The nausea settled down some. I need to wash the dishes for my Daddy. By the way, being pregnant makes you have to pee all the time!!! I failed to mention that yesterday, but that was the first thing I noticed before we got the positive preg test. I thought I was just drinking too much water, but that wasn't the case. The hormones cause you to pee for some reason. I am constantly on the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment